Join us for hybridGEOTABS Training at CLIMA2019, hosted by REHVA
We are providing Training on 28th May at 1000-1300:
How to Design hybridGEOTABS Buildings' Components Focusing on the optimal design of TABS, geothermal heat pumps & borefields
Register here for CLIMA (REHVA members get 10% discount)
Click here to read more about the course, training content and teachers.
To verify your student status, you will be asked to provide us your student card directly at the course.
hybridGEOTABS refers to the integration of geothermal heat pumps in combination with Thermally Activated Building Systems (GEOTABS) with secondary heating and cooling systems. Optimum energy management in these hybrid installations requires a model predictive control (MPC) which decides between different production sources and distribution systems. This course deals with some specific components of hybridGEOTABS (hG) installations, presenting them in the context of the necessary holistic design:
- optimized design of borehole fields,
- optimized design of geothermal heat pumps, in relation with hG primary and secondary systems,
- optimized design of TABS
- system management with model predictive control algorithms
- Learn the key aspects of borehole design and how to integrate them in a complex HVAC system managed by control algorithms
- Learn the various design options available for heat-pump and how to choose them based on the system requirements
- Learn the key aspects of TABS design and how it relates with complementary distribution systems.
- Get an overview on MPC and its potential in hybridGEOTABS buildings
- Hector Cano, Geoter
- Jan Hoogmartens, Viessmann
- Qian Wang, Uponor/KTH
- Lieve Helsen, KULeuven